Does my alarm clock go in the silverware box? Where do I pack my things?
Buying a new house is exciting, but packing our things can be dreadful! We can’t wait to move in, decorate, and make it feel cozy for the family. However, the one thing most of us despise is packing our things to move out. It’s the moment where you feel “did I NEED to buy all of these things?” Or, the moment where you realize you have more items than you thought you did. Well, we can’t help you downsize the amount of items you have, but, we can provide you some tips to help with the moving process!
1. Don’t procrastinate! Things won’t pack itself, and you don’t want to be left last minute to pack. Start packing the small things in boxes first so that when it’s time to pack the bigger furniture, it won’t be in the way.
2. Pack room-by-room. This step helps with organization. If you know which box came from which room, then you’ll know exactly where to place it when you move into the new home.
3. Label your boxes! Nothing hurts more than not knowing which box came from which room. Using different colored markers or labels for color coding will help organize – and if you have movers, it will help them to know where to place the boxes at the new home.
4. Wrap your items. If you’re moving short distance, I know some people won’t wrap some of their items. If you’re moving long distance, making sure everything is packed up tight will ensure your items will still be in tact upon arrival at the new home.
5. Use moving boxes. Boxes obtained from grocery or liquor stores are not always clean and might not hold the weight of the items that you will be putting in them. Also, varying box sizes can make loading more difficult.
6. Have important items? Don’t pack those up. You should personally transport your important paperwork, heirlooms, and any other valuables.
Eager to move but still haven’t sold your home? The Garpstas Realty Team will be happy to help! We offer staging services, so that others can envision living in your space! We also make the selling process easier for you, so you can worry about packing up your home and getting ready for the big move! Give us a call and contact us today! We’ll be happy to talk with you.